America Saves Week is an opportunity for individuals to take financial action and save money for emergencies, retirement, and everything in between. America Saves recognizes the important role that banks play in helping families save money and build wealth.
That’s why we recognize exceptional banks that succeed in promoting savings or other wealth building accounts and have high levels of accounts opened or added to during America Saves Week with our America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence.
The Designation of Savings Excellence is an organizational award and should be considered as representing the entire footprint of the organization. A selection committee comprised of industry and nonprofit leaders will meet in the Spring following America Saves Week to review applications and select winners.
The designation application will once again be part of the America/Military Saves Week Reporting Survey. We simplified both with fewer and easier-to-answer questions.
Designees will be recognized in the following ways:
- Recognition on AmericaSaves.org, MilitarySaves.org, and AmericaSavesWeek.org.
- Recognition in a national press release and individually in local releases.
- America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence plaque and a digital seal for your website.
- Signed up to participate in America/Military Saves Week
- Demonstrated efforts and reported impact on encouraging saving surrounding the Week
- Completed the application, including submission of sample marketing materials
How to Apply:
Awards will be given based on the completed information provided through the Designation of Savings Excellence Application within the America/Military Saves Week Reporting Survey. This will be made available following the close of America Saves Week.
Sign up as a participating organization to receive more information about the Designation as it becomes available.
2018 bank designees:
- Armed Forces Bank
- Bank of America
- Bank of Guam
- Broadway Bank
- Farmers Savings Bank
- First Arkansas Bank & Trust
- First Commonwealth Bank
- Fort Hood National Bank
- Home Federal Bank
- M&T Bank Corporation
- Mechanics Bank
- SmartyPig by Sallie Mae Bank
- Southern Bancorp
- WesBanco Bank, Inc.