In celebration of America Saves Week 2017, we’re excited to launch America Saves’ annual #ImSavingFor video and photo contest. And this year we’ve upped the ante! We’re asking savers and followers–old and new–to create a video of their savings story or submit a photo of themselves and their savings goal for a chance to win $1,000.
The #ImSavingFor contest is a great way to promote good savings behaviors to your followers and constituents during America Saves Week. Here are three easy ways that your organization can promote the contest throughout the Week and beyond:
- Promote the contest on your social media blog. We’ve done the heavy lifting for you! Simply copy and paste. You can use the sample content we’ve put together as your own, or rewrite it to better fit your planned strategies throughout the Week.
- Design props to have on-hand where you interact with savers. You’re already promoting good savings behaviors to your constituents throughout the Week. Why not reward their goal-setting, account opening, or increase in savings contributions with a fun video or photo in celebration? Create some handy props such as a piggy bank or play money to keep around the office and have your colleagues or employees join in the celebration! It could be just the extra boost a saver needs to get ahead of their goals this year. Plus, a little laughter goes a long way to attract more savers.
- Host a photo booth at your local event. Offer a fun and engaging activity at your existing America Saves Week event that not only offers opportunities for your organization to engage attendees but gives savers a chance at getting ahead of their savings goals. It could be a simple cardboard cutout or something a little more elaborate.
Don’t forget that contestants can gain additional entries by completing the America Saves Pledge. If you are already promoting the pledge in your strategies for the Week, you’ve given your savers a head start.
Thank you to this year’s contest sponsor at Clearpoint, a Division of MMI.
Registration for America Saves Week 2017 is open here. During ASW, any engagement – from use of the digital toolkit or contributions to Twitter chats, to the creation and launch of ASW-specific savings products – is considered participation. Organizations who sign up receive:
- The America Saves Week 2017 participation badge,
- Recognition online at americasavesweek.org/participatingorganizations, and
- Emails from America Saves Week staff to help you plan successful activities.