Reaching employees, customers, members, constituents, and others through events and workshops is a great way to teach others about starting to save money, reduce debt, and form good financial habits that will last a lifetime.
Goal of Your Event
Your event should help individuals take a financial action like:
- Taking the America Saves pledge
- Assessing their savings plan with this tool
- Meeting with a financial planner
- Setting up split deposit of paycheck and saving a portion into a savings account
- Opening or adding to a work retirement plan
- Opening or adding to a work-place sponsored or myRA retirement plan
Create a Strategy, Timeline, and Marketing Plan
Well planned and executed events usually lead to better outcomes. Create a strategy document with the following components to help plan a successful event.
- Number of individuals to attend your event and who will take financial action.
List of Key Players
- Who needs to be involved for this to be a successful event? This can include staff, working organizations, and others.
Location and Time
- When and where will you get the most people to turn up? Holding events at a place of work or setting up tables in high traffic areas can help you reach more people. Also think about getting 10 minutes to present at popular events like religious services, sports events, and concerts.
- Having a prize or food at your event will help to attract attention. A $50 cash or gas card can help attract people to your event or table.