America Saves Week is an opportunity for individuals to take financial action and save money for emergencies, retirement, and everything in between. America Saves recognizes the important role that credit unions play in helping families save money and build wealth. That’s why we are recognizing credit unions that go above and beyond to encourage people to save during the week with our Designation of Savings Excellence. Last year, America Saves recognized 19 credit unions, and we are excited to recognize even more in 2017.
This is a corporate designation and should be considered as representing the entire footprint of the credit union, not individual branch efforts.
This year, the Designation committee is especially interested in recognizing credit unions that help their members save automatically.
RECOGNITION OF DESIGNEES
- Recognition on americasaves.org, militarysaves.org, and americasavesweek.org.
- Recognition as a group in a national press release and individually in local releases.
- Designation of Savings Excellence plaque.
- Designation of Savings Excellence seal for your website.
APPLICATION AND APPLICATION PERIOD
- Click here to apply.
- The online application will close on April 17, 2017.
WHO CAN APPLY
- Credit unions (not individual branches) that have signed up to participate in America and or Military Saves Week and that promoted a savings or wealth building account during the week.
- Whether you promote a savings product or service during just America and or Military Saves week or for the entire month of February, we encourage you to submit applications for any and all activities focused around the week.
- A selection committee comprised of credit union and America Saves leaders will meet in April to review applications and select those to receive recognition.